Pumpkin burfi is a scrumptious, gluten free and wholesome Indian mithai. It’s easy, fast and requires no pre-preparation which makes it an ideal to get pleasure from on festivals and holidays.
Pumpkin burfi is an ideal wholesome deal with, with its orange color anybody might be tempted to eat it.
Well being advantages
Irrespective of how well being aware you might be, everyone wants a bit of dessert typically and you’ll undoubtedly get pleasure from this pumpkin burfi when candy cravings kick in!
Pumpkin in wealthy in Vitamin A, antioxidants and helps in boosting immunity. It is also low in energy, which makes it excellent for weight reduction.
1 Cup chickpea flour (Besan)
1 Cup grated pumpkin
1-1½ Cup jaggery powder (Regulate as per your style)
½ Cup milk
¼ to ½ Cup melted ghee/carified butter
1 teaspoon inexperienced cardamom powder
Methods to make
– Sift Chickpea flour (besan). Add the flour in a pan and evenly roast it on low warmth until you get a pleasant aroma.
– Add 1 teaspoon ghee and sauté grated pumpkin individually for a couple of minutes in a pan to take away the uncooked odor.
– Now mix flour, sautéed pumpkin, milk and jaggery powder in a pan.
– Combine it effectively to make sure there aren’t any lumps.
– Place the pan over medium warmth and stir constantly for jiffy until the combination begins to thicken.
– Now add the ghee, simmer the warmth and stir for few extra minutes.
– Now you’ll see it effervescent and ghee leaving on the perimeters.
– When it will get thicker, flip off the warmth.
– Add cardamom powder and depart it to chill down.
– Switch the content material into the ghee greased plate and depart it for jiffy.
– When it’s nonetheless heat, sprinkle musk melon seeds and a few chopped cashews on prime and minimize it into sq. items.
With inputs from Dt. Shikha Mahajan, Holistic Nutritionist, Founder, Food regimen Podium.